Thursday, November 23

Leapsha

Tagged by puck via bookaholics, I must write now what books I would take with me if I were to leave the country for a long time. I have hands-on experience with this, so I will say here what books I took with me when I left. So, in no particular order, since I am not at home right now [YES, I am wasting time at work to post in a blog!!!!], here goes:

  • Lumea vazuta de Garp, John Irving [RO]

  • Cider House Rules, John Irving [EN]

  • The Remains Of The Day, Kazuo Ishiguro [EN]

  • Diavoliada, Mihail Bulgakov [RO]

  • Maestru si Margareta, Mihail Bulgakov [RO]

  • Matusa Julia si condeierul, Mario Vargas Llosa [RO]

  • Un veac de singuratate, Gabriel Garcia Marquez [RO]

  • Toamna patriarhului, Gabriel Garcia Marquez [RO]

  • Stupid White Men, Michael Moore [EN]

  • 1984, George Orwell [RO]

  • Harry Potter and the Half Blood Price, J.K. Rowling [EN] - for the kid in me

  • Picnic la marginea drumului, Arkadi & Boris Strugatki [RO]

  • a handful of computer books


Before you ask how much my luggage weighed ... A LOT!!!! But I got off with a smile, and the fact that I was flying on the 31st of december, which I think impressed the somewhat pissed-on-life ladies at the check-in counter.

PS I seem to have forgotten some books, I hope they don't get really upset and start a revolution or something (my room already looks ravaging!)

[Lime ju]

No comments: