Wednesday, February 21

Back to work after CNY

Had the stupidest dream last night/this morning. We were climbing aconcagua and we were just preparing to leave from base camp. There were two ways to the summit that started from base camp: one took the normal route and one took the polish route, going left and right respectively. I was convinced that we were going up the polish route, so, when everybody took a left instead of a right I started to yell and complain that we were supposed to go on the polish route instead of the normal one. We started to argue, black clouds started forming on the polish side. The normal route was bright and sunny. I was screaming and yelling and stomping my feet like I used to do when i was a very spoiled child. Woke up with a headache.

Speaking of headaches, here's the movie that m. made about his and vlad's trip to the alps in 2006. Vlad complains at one point about altitude headaches (will i get those also?) It's in romanian, so don't bother if u don't understand it (unless you want to see the superb scenery). The movie covers Dufourspitze, Matterhorn and Mont Blanc. It left me with a stupid grin on my face (still wearing it! *gush*) cause it got me to imagine me, myself and I on those routes. I can't wait!!! I'd better stop dreaming and start training, july is not that far away (I hate planning this far forward in my life, used to take it one day at a time - it's only for mountaineering though, i still take it one day at a time for the other aspects of my life - whew!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the link to the movie doesn't work. and you made me so curious and envious:)

claudia said...

Sorry, this is the link