Monday, February 26

Chinese New Year day 7



Don't you just love it when certain celebrations take up to a week in festive joy?! Too bad it's not about something that is part of my culture though... So, to sum up this past weekend .... TIRED TIRED TIRED TIRED!

On friday evening i went to my supervisor's home for cny dinner - the whole thing started at seven and ended at eleven (7eleven?) It was quite fun, the food was exceptionally good (i ate like a pig), and apart from seeing my supervisor in shorts there was nothing terrifying about it. Came home around twelve something then left for training saturday at 8. Came back from training around 4. Saturday is the seventh day of the Chinese new year. According to sandra, it's everybody's birthday that day. Soo ... happy birthday everybody!!! For presents please mail them at 32 dover rise ...

Now the training was ... tough, i lead two 6as and my first 6b ever!!! Redpointed them of course, i am still too scared to hang in there till i drop. I am so lame at this, if it's a tough move that goes just about the bolt i'm done, i can't go, i need to rest and think about it... It's really really lame ... Jups said something that made me think though, he was yelling while i was trying to go for this ledge: "come on, just go, like when you boulder!" What do you mean like when you boulder? - simple: the fall i might take is the same as when i would fall bouldering. Easier said than done, though ... Anyhows, i am brooding over this, i brooded over it last night at 10 am when i went running! I managed to finish 12k. I rulz. I also tried a roof top rope, it's really really funny - i fell even though i was not pumped but i was feeling extremely heavy!! Ha ha! Need to lay low on those kaya buns (kaya = a sort of coconut jam)!!! Of course, after you fall you cannot go back!

M. asked me what mountains i am considering for the alps, i told him matterhorn, but that i'd go with whatever he wants. I don't even dare to dream about matterhorn, omg it would be soo great!

Last night we went into town with alex, the new intern (Pictures) and we managed to arrive at the celebrations for the end of cny. It was kinda cool, they even had fireworks. Anyhow, i read my chinese horoscope for this year of the pig (i'm a dog by the way, in case you haven't figured it out yet), and it said that my luck was ok (at least careerwise) but that i would have problems holding on to moneys this year. Well what do you know ... let's see ..

  • 700 euros ticket home

  • 500 euros the alps (at least, not including my way back)

  • 3000 euros aconcagua

  • ??? presents for people back home


Omg i gotta start saving!

No comments: