Tuesday, February 27

If at first you don't succeed ...

So I was supposed to go around the campus hauling water bottles with my frail back last night. However, the class i had between six thirty and eight thirty made me sooo sleepy (i have never slept in class by the way, last night i nearly made it) and i had forgotten my knee protection, so i decided to leave it for this morning. The reason why i like to roam the campus at night is simple: i don't want people staring after or at me - i am a curious sight, white girl crawling (walking briskly, i would like to think) up the campus hills during school days. Anyhow, i just had to go, since july is not that far away, boulderactive (bouldering contest) is three weeks away, so ...

I got up this morning at 7 (after repeated attempts to wake up at 6:40, 6:50 - thank god for snooze!), got dressed and came to school. Got here around 7:41. while crossing the street i saw my supervisor's car pass by, needless to say we met in the elevator: "So early?" he says, a grin of apraisal showing on his face. "Actually, i'm going running" i say, shattering his hopes that i might be a good student after all. We talk and talk about the route i am taking (i didn't know the elevator to the sixth floor takes so long, next time i'm taking the stairs), i finally get to the lab, change into my crawling clothes and proceed.

When i get out of SoC, what do you know ... IT'S RAINING! Since i did go to all that trouble to go, i did not give up and completed the route. Nearly fell twice when going downhill cause the sidewalk was very slippery. I passed corneliu on the way, i pretended i did not see him, i'm sure he saw me, the dancing bear.

Notes to self: never do this again during day time; increase the weights - it took me 40 minutes instead of the usual hour; bring extra clothes ...

The thing is, i messaged marian and asked him to bring me a clean t-shirt for my climbing training tonite. He thought i wanted a t-shirt to change INTO AFTER i climb. So now, apart from all the papers, books, two cups, one pair of socks, two stuffed animals, two keyboards, one portable hard drive, ipod, portable calculator, picture of my grandma, that are on my desk, i have put my t-shirt to dry under the desk. Under the desk there is also a copy of the phd thesis and other papers that the guy that was here before left and that i can't bring myself to recycle ... what if the same will happen to my thesis?

No comments: