Saturday, April 28

Climber I am, Golfer's elbow I have

Yup. The pain has a name!!! And a way to cure it: ABSOLUTELY no climbing for 6 to 8 weeks (from the day I last climbed, not from the day of injury -- i asked!)*. He insisted that i do not climb (probably saw through me) and said that if i do climb it will get much worse. So... no climbing ... I am watching my hard earned calluses turn into girly skin again and i hate it. I am reading all the team 's emails about meetings and climbs and all that and i feel so depressed and excluded in some way. I feel so frustrated by the fact that i know it's going to be hell to get back in the shape i used to be and no amount of running, finger strength training or anything is going to help me.

I feel bad about whining also. So yeah. The first part of the qe went well. Still have computer architecture to pass, then i'm out of the woods.

*I am going to the Tampin bouldering trip though (in 4 weeks time). Even if there are no easy boulders, i will be the team photographer

2 comments:

M said...

Hey, nice review on bookaholics! I hope to get to comment on it some time.

Also, good luck with the comp architecture exam. (I remembered this was my least favorite when I took the qe!!!)

claudia said...

Yeah, I'm terrified! Not only does the hennessy and patterson book have 800 plus pages, but there's no telling what they will throw at us: either design questions (I hope!) or problems (darn!). So IR is scared!!