Monday, June 25

How to get a day off

Based on my oh so optimistic training schedule, on Saturday I was supposed to do 10 pull-ups (assisted, of course, now i cannot even do one by meself), one session of conditioning and also hiking in the morning. All sounds nice and dandy, I was even content with having to jog to school and start from there, since I had left my backpack there. What I didn't count on was spending the evening with my flatmates at a cafe owned by a dear friend of ours, playing darts till midnight!! Whoa!! Can you imagine how many hikes I went on the next morning? Maybe about 5-10 snoozes on the right side, and 15 on my left side... After all the guilt and self bashing, I decided to run in the evening. What I didn't count on (again) was that Saturday was shopping day!! Yay!! I never knew that shopping can be so exhausting (to the bank account and to oneself)!!! When we were having dinner around seven I finally declared Saturday a day off:) and enjoyed it to the max with a good book and a very nice sleep.

I made up for it yesterday, when, after a light shopping session, I ran. Yup, I ran. 17.5 km, which is my personal best! I would have made it 20 something but around 8 km the sidewalk started to get running unfriendly - it was full of houses and their driveways were interrupting - so I had to turn back. This new formula of running until you reach half way and then turning back is much better than doing two rounds of a given length, which is at most 5 km. Plus i run near the botanical gardens and some jungle formations, so it's a bit more cooling and not so crowded. And I managed to run at a constant pace of 5min/km, which is not tiring at all compared to my usual 4:20-4:30/km. Feeling good about myself, I leave you to work.

No comments: