Sunday, August 26

Army half

Just a short post because my feet are aching a bit [no, I am not writing with them, but still]. Competed in the army half marathon today (that is 21 km to you). Woke up at 3:45 am to get there around 4:30 am. Race started at 05:30 am. I never stopped, which is an improvement from my lonely runs. There were so many people running next to me that it was embarrassing to stop, so thank you all. There was this short guy that kept on sprinting then walking, sprinting and walking, what a silly way to waste energy ...

The first lady finished in about one hour and a half (according to Marian) and I finished roughly in 1h 55mins. Pretty reasonable considering I was aiming for 2hrs 30 mins. Congrats to everybody there, especially those veterans .. There was this granny-like woman that finished in front of me, respect man!

[Granny like woman ... sheesh! I think I need some food and a lot of sleep]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man I respect you for finishing it so fast. I finished my 6km in like 34 mins, if I convert the same timing to 21 km it would be like your timing.

And of course I know I cannot maintain the same speed throughout if I ran a 21 km.

Js

claudia said...

34 minutes is more than reasonable for 6km. I bet if you quit smoking you would do much better :)