Monday, September 10

Climb On! 2007

Probably the best competition ever!!! Maybe because it was not a competition after all, but all fun fun fun!! NOT!! Wake up at 6 am on Sunday because I had forgotten my shoes in the school gym so I wanted to go back to get them. In the end decided to use my old shoes because I didn't have the key to the gym which was in my office, and it was too early and i had slept so little that I just couldn't take it to go and fetch the key and then go to the gym and then go to the other end of town. So I took my old shoes. Which are very old, and unfortunately, very slippery. Which made me sort of the slipping whale from all the tiles. Here i would be, queueing for 20 minutes, then Bam!! my foot would slip from the first or second foot hold! Sheesh! The frustration of it all!!! This of course did not add comfort to the feeling that my climbing sucks.

Which of course it did. This climb on has been the best wake up call ever, probably even better than the one that made me quit smoking one year and nine months ago. I need to: really improve my strength, my confidence in my left elbow (needless to say that i could not perform a decent throw or lock on my left arm), improve my flexibility (flexibility == 0), learn to stand up from sit-ins, and last, but not least, throw away my old shoes, or keep them for jogging or ice skating :)) Plus, last but not least ... I really get very very nervous when people are watching me climb outside the gym (my turf, sort of)! So, I plan to make myself a sticker saying, "Don't stare, climber is nervous!" and use it every time I climb in competitions! Yup! Should be bright yellow with black writing.

It's raining again here in Singapore, the rainy season is a coming!!! [This is my positive ending for this entry, haha :) )

No comments: