Friday, September 14

Swan Lake On Ice

Just came back from "Swan Lake On Ice". We were there because we bought the tickets for our friends' wedding anniversary, but it turned out the performance was on the day of mihai's birthday (happie birthday again!!) The performance was outstanding, if you like ballet and you like ice skating (especially the dancing part), go see it! It's really worth your money! Don't go to see it if you're too bored to clap at the end, you don't own or care to wear a fancy dress (i.e if you have to come by wearing jeans , punk clothes, pink caps or anything similar, don't come at all), or you prefer to munch on chips during the performance. You would save me a lot of angst.

Other than this, it was really cool, I enjoyed it a lot. They had some pretty innovative stuff, like for example Odette literally flies, there are some black swans on stilts (how can anybody skate on stilts?!), at one point all lights are off and you get to see the dancers glow like in a disco (a bit of an anti-climax for me, at any point i was expecting to hear the tune "everybody was kung-fu dancing ... "), and Coun t von Something is surrounded by a circle of fire. There, I gave everything away! Anyhow, it was super nice!

Lights out for me, tomorrow I have to wake up early and go to the gym to collect my shoes (again!) since training is in town. I know, i know, i dun learn ... Perhaps i could use my old shoes :))

No comments: