Tuesday, March 11

When the cat's away ...

Its grad students will come to work around 12. Yup. Climbed this morning with San and Clara from 10 to 12. As usual, I wasn't able to finish any as in A.N.F*cking.Y. Furthermore, the routes they could do easily I could not do. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder if taking such a long break from climbing (to go mountaineering) is really worth the struggle to get back in climbing shape.

Spent the rest of the day doing research on mountaineering nutrition for Marius. He will be leaving for Everest in 3 weeks, woohoo!!! I bought this super good book on mountaineering techniques and it has a good chapter on nutrition. Amazingly, Borders has finally started to stack up on mountaineering books. I guess it's because this year a female singaporean team is attempting Everest.

To my credit, I did do some work. Finished my quotes web application, yupii! Or at least a tiny version of it. What it basically does is it logs your quotes! You can add new books and new authors, plus you can see a picture of the book cover (from Amazon). I would love to add new stuffs to it, but my knowledge of Ruby and Rails is so lame.

It's still raining. Which means no running and no swimming for me! I made up my mind to swim more often as it strengthens the joints, and my left elbow really needs it.

No comments: