Thursday, April 10

Fuck me up, why don't ya?!


So an article I wrote got accepted into a conference which is next week. So I'm not going because my supervisor said that the school will not pay me that much to go to a second rank conference (it's in Canada and the air fare is too much). So he will be going.

Instead, as a present to IR, I decided to go to Thailand next week. To climb!! yay! These days i kept on dreaming and dreaming about the routes i would do, the clear water and the good food. We bought the tickets and all. But NOooooo!

My boss came last week and told me that I will have to sit on a test he was supposed to be giving to his class. All fair and square, I asked Mihai if he would sit instead of me. He said ok. I told my boss I have tickets for a show. I didn't blink when my boss said that there are special students that have to sit through two tests. I didn't blink when he said that he will be staying online on Skype at 6am Canada time just in case Mihai has any questions. But when he said today that he needs to brief Mihai about the test because there are "special students". And Mihai is in Phuket. Fucking Phuket. So I just couldn't take it anymore.

So I told him that there is another show on some other day. Fuck me. I could scream now. If I could. It's not the money, it's just the place. Fuck.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vai Claudia, imi pare rau ca nu mai pleci, da-mi pare bine de pozele pe care le-ai pus... Lasa, o sa pleci tu...

claudia said...

da, de fiecare data cand incerc si eu sa trisez ma prinde :(( sunt comndamnata sa muncesc cinstit pana la adanci batraneti :((

Anonymous said...

Ooof, ce nasol :( Asa i-as f*** una peste cap sefului tau :|

claudia said...

mda, intr-un fel e vina mea, ca daca i-as fi spus ca plec ar fi fost ok. Dar nu puteam sa-i spun ca plec ca nu mai am zile de concediu. pe de alta parte, daca ma lua la conferinta asta nu se intampla, eh, the puny life of a graduate student!