Friday, June 13

Finally ...

After one year, I have managed to get to the Bukit Timah nature reserve and run! Yay!! Even though it was raining and we only ran uphill on the very first slope that we could see from the parking lot, it was great!! The slope is about 45-50 degrees steep, for the first 500 meteres and then maybe it reduces to 20 degrees for the next maybe 800 meters. To my shame, I did not run the 500 m steep one in the first go. This is because I didn't expect it to be soo long, so I nearly died when after the first corner I was greeted with the same steepness ... On the second try and after careful consideration and application of my strategy, I succeeded in running the whole 500 m. For Sunday, I plan to run the whole thing (till the hill top) three times. Can't wait!

The back of my thigh feels a bit stiff. This is because on Wednesday Mihai, Maria and I decided to go for a run. Only 1 km mind you (they are pretty out of shape), but then Mihai said we should do some sprints. And sprints we did. Imagine me trying to run fast ... It's like watching a beer barrel trying to roll itself on a flat surface ... Mihai and Maria have been so kind as to take care of me now that Marian is in San Francisco. This only means that I'm making the poor souls do much more sports than they would normally do. This together will late night watching of football matches has turned my brain to M.U.S.H. So today I am slacking in school, woo hoo!! Will catch up on Sunday, I swear.

No comments: