Monday, September 1

An evil ploy ...

Yesterday I got a letter in the mail from school:

Dear Ms ***,

teamNUS Nite 08


Congratulations! You have been awarded the Honorary Award in recognition of your outstanding contribution towards the promotion of Climbing in the University.

....


Woohoo! had a stupid grin on my face for about five minutes ... And then my brain started kicking in. Somebody from the team (coach Jubs, captain, vice cap) must've nominated me. I frantically re-read the letter cause I suddenly remembered Jups saying "We have something more evil planned for you!"

And there it was: not only do I have to attend the prize giving festivity, but I must do so dressed in the proper attire. GASP!!!

Dress code: Men - Shrit & Tie, Ladies - Appropriate Equivalent

Important note: on the day of the event if you are late for registration or dressed inappropriately, you will not be receiving your award on stage.


STAGE. PEOPLE IN THE AUDIENCE. LIGHTS. STAGE FRIGHT. I KNOW I WILL TRIP. aaaa!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so feel you! But you know what's ironic? We don't like the way we look/feel in dresses, but the other simply love it :)

So, everybody will love it, you'll feel uncomfy. Life's unfair.

claudia said...

Oh yeah! Come to think of it, it could be worse ... what about speaking in public?! OMG OMG!!

Anonymous said...

no you won't no you won't! :)

Anonymous said...

Felicitaaari Claudia, e pe merit! :) Sa nu-ti fie frica daca te impiedici, te ridici te duci la microfon si spui ca erai sigura ca asta o sa ti se intimple, chiar ai scris pe blog!:D Dupa care iei premiul si vii si ne povestesti cum a fost ;).

claudia said...

Da, cea mai mare frica a mea e sa nu ma impiedic de trepte :)) Despre cum o sa fie: mergi, urci scarile, iti da ala premiul, te intreaba de unde esti (zici din Romania, din Europa - cu mandrie:) ), dai mana cu el, va intoarceti amandoi spre aparatul de fotografiat - cu o mana ii tii mana lu' ala si cu cealalta premiul, ranjiti ca dementii si asta e! Cred. Dar ramane de vazut :)