Wednesday, January 21

In search of the perfect pole

With a smooth, metallic finish ... with nice, rubber grips ... with shiny, oh so shiny and cold to the touch surfaces, perfect for those hot hot hands ... mmm ... Long but not so long as still to fit crammed places purrfectly ... and sturdy, yes sturdy, to stand the test of the oh so many types of hands that are going to grope it ...

Yup ... You got it ... I am looking for a ...















DOORWAY PULL-UP BAR!!!

Everywhere I go they tell me that they are out of stock and to come back, hear this, after Chinese New Year! As if everybody in singpaore is buying pull-up bars for their grandma or something... Sheesh! I went to Carrefour and Giant (noob of me) and of course they don't have it there. Then I went to two World of Sports and to the basement of Taka (as advised by looi) but still no go. And to a AIBI in plaza singapura. Btw, World of Sports sells socks and columbia and salomon outfits, a lot of sporty shoes and sandals but I couldn't even find a skipping rope. I guess, like some of the things here, "sports" is always about wearing the right outfit. So please please if you have a confirmed sighting of a pullup bar [in a store], leave a comment.

In other news, the boss is in new zealand which is equal to a -20 on my motivation. Climbing trainings have started. I manage to survive them but the next day i am somewhat sapped of energy. To be honest, after monday's training I went to yoga on tuesaday morning then I went back to the gym to set a route and to climb a bit (such a bad idea) then I went running, only to collapse in bed at about 10 with absolutely no recollection of anything I said between 8 and 10. Maybe I am growing old or the thesis proposal was more sapping than I gave it credit. Ah, time shall tell...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing one in the sports store at the top floor of Queensway sports center (the one in front of AIA and near Ikea).

claudia said...

k, thanks, i'll go there tonite!