Monday, September 21

Because in life,

let's be honest, you can't really have a nice warm/hot shower without receiving a very cold one afterwards (and vice-versa), here are some quotes.

This first one sent me cringing and nearly (NEARLY!) crying:

"... and go to Tiffany's. It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there, not with those kind men in their nice suits, and that lovely smell of silver and alligator wallets. If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany's then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name. I've thought maybe after the war ..."


But I was giggling ten pages later (I am reading "Breakfast at Tiffany's on my iPhone and the pages are small):
"She stooped toward O.J. Berman, who, like many short men in the presence of tall women, had an aspiring mist in his eye. "I'm Mag W-w-wildwood, from Wild-w-w-wood, Arkansas. That's hill country."

It seemed a dance, Berman performing some fancy footwork to prevent his rivals cutting in. He lost her to a quadrille of partners who gobbled up her stammered jokes like popcorn tossed to pigeons."

1 comment:

ionuca said...

Oh, I totally love Breakfast at Tiffany's! It's one of my fav books ever :)