Thursday, December 17

Stuck in an airport

Just when I was ready to blog about how I could get used to eating at Whole Foods,

shopping at R.E.I,

having burritos and tacos,

having a Dr. Pepper (first time in my life!),

eating migas (omelette with tortilla chips and beans and cheese and salsa MMMM) - google it! cook it!,

knowing that I can find anything and if not, I can get it delivered overnight to my doorstep (except during Christmas time);

having a crispy cold morning with bright red leaves in the trees;

having that attitude like I actually deserve everything, that's when

SHIT HAPPENS. Like you realize that people do not say Merry Christmas but they say Happy Holidays instead. And that indeed they do drive everywhere - if you try to take a bus you have to wait for eons! Or that Botox really leaves one's forehead absolutely immobile. Or that the Houston airport is called George Bush (and i'm stuck in it - or him?). Or how good Earl Grey is really expensive (snob, i know)

Or that somebody gets shot point blank in the head without any apparent reason on the main boulevard in Austin (Austin is very small). I know about this because I was up at 4am and got stuck on some stupid commercial channel where for example it takes about 75% of the actual commercial to list all the adverse scary effects of the drug they are advertising. Brrr

Or how now I am stuck in Houston for about 6 hours (thank god there is free wifi) and then I will be spending the night in Tokyo and thus missing climbing with sandra on friday. I wonder where our hotel will be. Will I be able to see anything or will I just crash in the bed and ZZZ?

I.just.want.to.get.home.

2 comments:

dorlin said...

oh no! i was looking forward to climbing with u! :( saturday climb? u think u will be back by then?

claudia said...

sunday at safra? then i can give u your chips! We are definitely climbing at safra ... after that is durian fried rice woo hooo!!!!!!!