Wednesday, February 10

A cry for help

Ho there boy!! I wish there were an equivalent expression in English - what do you say to a horse who is about to go off on a rampage? (And of course this sentence was followed by amazing google queries such as "how to talk to horses" "wow there boy horse" and other stuff - if google had a table with one's IP and the cumulative IQ of their queries I think I have just dropped a few points) Seriously, claudia just wanted her mamma in the previous post, and san and dor, thanks for being my mommies (oh boy that sounded wrong) yesterday. There are bigger fish to fry, a phd to finish, and more pull-ups to do so no point in whining and stomping feet. Hell it could be worse, with me being truly alone at the other end of the universe - who would i have to rant on then.

It could be EVEN worse, what with having to face death at such a young age. This is the case of a university colleague of mine who has acute lymphoblastic leukemia, i will say it again, ACUTE LYMPHOBLASTIC LEUKEMIA, and whose wife (another uni colleague of mine) is giving birth next month. Furthermore, the costs of bone marrow transplant operation (which can only be done outside romania pfft!) is 150.000 EURO. Furthermore, they have managed to raise about 50000 EURO only. This is a horrible shift in perspective and one that i wish to god me and my loved ones will never have to make.

I have been struggling a lot trying to figure out how i could help to raise money - cook pies and ask for people to donate? sell my books and donate the amount? I have about 40 books, at 5-10 dollars each ... It all feels so puny and unjust it just makes me want to scream. What is the price that you can ask to save a life - seeing how it could very well be you in that position. Or is it just easier to shrug and say "Well, it's not me?"

I figure there are about 20 visitors a day here. If we all chip in and donate 5 SGD (am assuming we are all poor students) that would be 100 SGD = 50 euros. It's very little but if it could be done weekly then maybe it would make a difference. There is a paypal donation button on the right side of the site. Below is the link to the page. The text says "I am helping Daniel Raduta in his fight against leukemia".

Îl susţin pe Daniel Răduţă

No comments: