Monday, April 19

A weekend of durians!

My weekend started on Friday with the shit-fuck-crap trip to Kuala Lumpur for my lab-mates "civil" wedding. A nice touching moment when they said "I do" and signed, after which everything spiraled, and sadly only downwards (great food though). First note to self: pink make-up, blonde hair, lilac dress: BRRRRR!

Second note to self: just invite ONLY people you like at your wedding. If you do not want somebody at your wedding, DO NOT invite them. Not because you have to, not because it's nice, certainly not for their benefit and enjoyment. Lest you have a couple of drinks and end up insulting them, or me, by saying "Claudia is a good influence ... sometimes." And downwards from there ... I really hated the moment especially since i was trying to be civil and not end it all with a "Shut up, bitch" towards the bride. Sad and pathetic, but at least I have learned that one should only invite friends to one's wedding. Go figure!

The trip was not all that bad because I had a durian!! Yay! Sadly, I shared it!


And then saturday, after an exhausting full work day with the boss, i had another! All by myself, without sharing it at all woo hooo!!! Top this with a great dinner (Chilli! Con carne!) by Crystel (more about her in the next post) and the weekend was finally starting. Sadly, I now realise i do not have a picture of the durian (too excited about Crystel's movies) but only a picture of the pot of Chilli! Con carne!!

No comments: