Wednesday, May 26

Backk!!

Well, ten days of silence on the blog is enough to put anyone to shame. So here am I, blogging the instant i get internet access. I swear, the US might be one of the most advanced countries in the world, but in terms of Internet access and speed, I would trade it for Romania any day.

Conference-wise, I must say I attended less of the conference and more of the shopping malls around it. :) I liked Atlanta. The thing that shocked me most was the stampede in the Apple store. I was there to buy an iPad for my prof. But so where a thousand other people. I mean, why would people pay so much money for that useless device?!! Why oh why?! A genius at the Apple store in Atlanta looked at me as if I was some kind of freak when I told him I want to buy an iPad. "Pfft, you must order it online. It will come in 5-7 days and then you must come within 24 hours to collect it or else it will be gone." What the fuck!? In the end I managed to get him an iPad from the Georgia Tech campus Apple Store. The store was so remote that apparently they didn't have any demand for the ipads. Eat this motherfuckers!

Atlanta, home of the south, Margaret Mitchell (she of the "Gone with the winds" fame), the Coca-Cola company and CNN. I enjoyed running in the dry air (dry by Singapore standards). I didn't visit much because I spent my free day shopping, replenishing my shoes collection nom nom nom. And buying five thousand sweets and chips varieties for Sandra and doris. I swear I will get arrested one day.




The conference site:


Sorority house. WTF? I thought they existed only in movies!


Random flowery sighting:



The college football team is everywhere, even on the sidewalks.


It has been a while since I saw so many churches on one street. It is so different form singapore, where, although there ARE churches, they are not so obvious.


Yellow car!


And an artsy photo. The only one of the batch i think.

No comments: