Tuesday, July 20

Best Sunday in a while

This Sunday I have decided not to go to work. I know, it's rare that i show such amazing procrastination but! i just needed a holiday. So Marian and a few others and I went cycling in Pulau Ubin.

We woke up to Marian finding out that the W90 is available in Singapore! So he left the house, rushing to buy it before we went to pulau ubin. It is here, we have it, it's our first electronic equipment bought together, our first baby so to speak. It's name is MAXI!


The pictures below (except the last one) are by Maxi.

It rained in pulau ubin on Sunday, so there was much skidding and a lot of mud! I enjoyed it thoroughly as any Pig should do. I have decided that, while I am a Dog by birth and nature, I am also a Pig because I LOVE getting dirty (and issues like clean shoes, socks etc do not faze me). So i am either a Swog or a Doig or a Piog, haven't decided yet.



We saw many people in pulau ubin that were either picking or selling durians. So at one point we decided to follow one guy that had stopped alongside the woods, to see where he was getting the durians. And so we did. He picked up a conversation with me, asked me where we were from, if we wanted durians etc. He ended up in offering us all the small durians he had picked so far! For free!! Turns out he's nepalese and he was very excited that his name (Raman) was very similar to our country's name (he said he didn't want his pic on a website, so i am not putting it up). We had a truly tasty durian feast by the side of the road.



This is how much i ate. Slurp!




We exchanged numbers and by the end of the day we met up again and he gave us 3 BIG durians that we had for dinner late on Sunday. Now, i promised I won't put a picture of the guy, but the thing is all the other pics in which i hold the durians have me looking either a) DEMENTED or b) full of pimples (both of them true). The pimples are a direct consequence of me being upset about that idiot's drunk driving. So I will forsake vanity and tell you to please don't drink and drive because you will give me pimples.

2 comments:

dor said...

awesome last pic!!!!

is the camera great to use?

and swog sounds cooler :D

claudia said...

i have it with me today ... come see...