Friday, July 23

Humility


I have two photo cameras now. One that is my own baby, namely, Bobby, and another that I share with Marian, our baby, Maxi. With two cameras and amateurish knowledge about photography, composition, etc. My photos still lack something. Last night I found out what. They lack sincerity. And joy. I would say they lack reality, if it didn't sound so weird.

Above is a photo taken by a woman in a prison in Romania, part of a photographic experiment that went and gave six inmates six cameras and asked them to take photos. Actually, all the photos in this post are from the same experiment.


They used the same techniques I would have used, given that somebody would have told me to shoot that particular photo. Because otherwise I don't think that i would have. The photo equipment that i have is much more advanced than what they had, yet still ...

The authors and all the characters are inmates from that prison. The set is also the prison.


This is the link, forget about the text, just look at the pictures.

PS. The umbrella in the second picture cracked me up.

No comments: