Thursday, October 28

Giving away my babies

Here is what I posted on Facebook today. Am writing it here for the benefit of the only person I know that does not have a facebook account. Ahem.

Dear Jenny, Shu, Eli,

I am moving out of my apartment and will be moving out of singapore in the future (me hopes) so I cannot bring my babies with me. And since it's very expensive to ship my babies to Romania, I have decided to pass them to the only three people in Singapore (well, plus Sandra but she don't have no account), that I know are readers.

So, that being said, would you be interested in taking some of my books? If any of you says yes, I will make a list of the books for you to choose from. Please take them, your house must be filled with books, if not for you, then for your future kids (oh my, i suck :)) )

claud
ps will post this on e blog too for san to read


Truth is, it costs 225 SGD to ship 20 kg of books to Romania. I think I have about 40 kg. Brr.

9 comments:

RME said...

Actually, when I came back from Singapore I think we came with more than 20kg of books. Most of them, as carry-on. ;-) We learn the lesson though and, except one, we left all of them in Romania before coming in US.

claudia said...

Of course I am going to ask! What book did you take with you?! How many books do you have now?

san said...

hahaha...me and dor can add it to our luggage IF we do not exceed it when we go to romania..haha..PICK YOUR CHOICE SELECTION..i dun mind some!

RME said...

The book I took is "Types and Progamming Languages" by Benjamin C. Pierce. While in US I bought again a few of them.

Later edit: I actually found a list with (most of, I believe) the books we left from Singapore. They were 48! . :-) I did end up reading most of them actually.

claudia said...

ZOMG RME! I will post the list once I have it but most of the books we (as in you, and I, and r) are exactly the same :)) what does that mean? :) same literature gaps i guess :))

dor said...

we can carry some books back for u la no worries :)

ehhh i want my share of books too!why did u not mention my name TSK.

claudia said...

AHAHAH Doris, I'm sure I can find a picture book for you in there somewhere ahahahha - sorry I could not help myself. The list is in progress!

RME said...

The gaps are probably playing an important role. :-)

Unknown said...

If a couple of version of Luna Trim trickles down, we'll all be better off. I like the feeling of the prerogative. We should first determine that germane to this.
http://www.healthytalkzone.com/luna-trim/