Friday, October 1

Why I love Singapore


  • Durians! - it's as simple as that. A fruit. Calorie-free* too! (well at least in my book:D)

  • It's VERY clean - as in septic, sometimes.

  • It's VERY green - it's at the tropics!

  • It's VERY safe - as in, can go running at 2 am in most neighborhoods and nothing will happen to you

  • Climbing with Sandra and Doris. A pleasure!! And sometimes, during my fat/weak days, a curse.

  • It's summer all year around. Bring on the sandals! Skirts! T-shirts! Flip-flops! Air-con!

  • For some of my friends, I am the only caucasian they have ever met. Or, after Crystel came here, their favorite caucasian. Ahem.

  • While for caucasians I am of average height, bordering on shortish, here I am tall! My hair is light brown, but here people see me as blonde!

  • The variety of cuisines you can find here is amazing!

  • Fruits, fruits, fruits!!! Pineapple, mango, guava, papaya, soursop, dragonfruit, rambutan, starfruit, apples, pears, plums, grapes, jackfruit, DURIAN, mangosteen, all-year-round!

  • TOM YAM! - my favorite soup, right up there with my grandma's borscht soup, I need my almost-daily fix of this spicy and sour soup. Or else.



*Apparently some people say a durian has 800 calories. Yeah right! These people don't know my truth: it has ZERO!

3 comments:

RME said...

From all the places I ever lived, Singapore is the one I miss the most. :-)

claudia said...

@RME: did you or R like durians?! nom nom nom

RME said...

We tried once. We didn't like enough to want to try again. I would try it if I get there again though. :P