Friday, January 28

Never say never


  1. I used to say I will never get married. And here I am, getting married in May.

  2. I used to say that geeks are seriously pathetic. And here I am, marrying one.

  3. Similarly, I used to say that weddings are for idiots. I still think so, but now I understand that some people actually might want their entire family and friends to be there for them on this day (seriously, what's so special about that day?) . And here I am, having a wedding.

  4. I used to feel superior to people that went to school during uni years instead of getting a job and fending for themselves, like I did. And here I am, five years later, envying their obviously superior knowledge about CS stuff.

  5. I used to despise people that went on to get an even higher degree (i.e. master's, PhD). Used to say that they are afraid of facing real life. Who wants to be in school for yet at least five years or so? And here I am, Dr. Claudia.

  6. On a more positive note, I used to say that going to the Himalayas was not for me, as I was a smoker, a drinker, and a fat whale. And here I am, came back from Nepal only a month ago.

  7. I also used to say that I will never ever eat polenta. And here I am, enjoying it tremendously whenever I have the chance.

  8. I used to say that this blog is about photography and graduate programmes. But it was not. It was about climbing, running, stupid little things that I did everyday while trying to piece my obviously distributed and scattered brain into something resembling a human being. And here I am, changing the title.


And yes, there's a DR attached to my name now, although the DR is only of Philosophy, hahahaha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can talk the geek talk, you have teh gadgets, you (sometimes) read the geek tech blog sites. I would say that if it looks like a duck and it walks like a duck, it must be a duck! M. :)

claudia said...

are you saying I walk like a duck?