Monday, February 14

Ah well...

Grrr. I have never had a proper job interview in my life. All the jobs that I had were either "come on, we just need some people, can you program? yes? ok, you'll do!", or were "do you want to join our group?" or "i will take care of you until you find a job - kinda thing". I had phone interviews. I failed 66% of them, which means that i had 3 and failed 2. In one it was not my fault, in the second i was came out as too noob. I passed the third in the sense that I got invited to come on site. But then again, the third was just a "let's see if you can speak english" kinda thing. Looks like i can speak English!

Anyway, tomorrow I am flying off to Adelaide, for my first, ever ever ever proper interview in my life. I am almost 30 for crying out loud!!! Anyway, I have never been more scared in my life, not even while I was contemplating death on the face of the matterhorn. And now I know what our school really needs: a post-graduate career office, to help graduate students find jobs!! I most probably will fail this interview, but the experience i will get will be priceless I think - also, Adelaide will be my second Australian city (for free some more!)

4 comments:

dor said...

some confidence honey! just remember that you are AWESOME :))

ionuca said...

Good luck! Seems like we both have scary work related days tomorrow :) It's gonna be fine, you'll see :)

claudia said...

AWESOME! ROAR!! Good luck ionuca to you too! Can't wait to see your story about the first days of work!!

san said...

ang moh! chill.. haha.. i will be crossing all my fingers and toes on thursday!