Wednesday, April 20

Claudia - Climbing Gym: 2-0

It's been a while since i have admitted to embarrassing things on the blog, and I have yet to recount the story of how I chafed my thighs while running. However, the battle between me and the climbing gym last night was so epic that I have to recount it here as well. I am winning this battle because I have prepared long and hard for it and I have one very important ass-et. [You might have noticed how I have been complaining about a slight increase in my mid-to-lower circumference lately, due mostly to the increase in noodle intake and decrease in training due to work and other commitments.]

Why, only last year I recall that I stepped on a very big (size of a watermelon) green tile and I cracked it right in the middle. That tile is now on display and still in use on the bottom right corner of the Sun moon wall in the NUS climbing gym. How could I crack such a big tile is beyond my understanding. Firstly, these tiles are not made of glass, they break people's skulls when they fall on them. The resin they are made of is quite tough. PLUS, I might be the heaviest of the girls, but there are guys that are heavier than me, right? RIGHT?! Claudia 1, Gym 0.

Last night it was different. Sandra climbs and finishes a route that required stepping with the right foot on a small tile a bit to the right - so a lot of load would go on the foothold. Psyched by the fact that the route seemed finishable, I start climbing it too! I swear that while i was starting I thought that the foothold looked a bit cracked! Anyway, I hold something, I step with my right foot, I load, shift [part] of my weight on it, and in milliseconds I am down on the floor again. The foothold is cracked right in the middle, half of it on the floor, the other half still on the wall. Everybody is laughing and San is saying "NO MORE DINNER FOR YOU!!!" Claudia 2, Gym 0.

1 comment:

RSF said...

Climbing is intense stuff! Have yet to commit some time into that kind of rec sport.