Wednesday, April 13

PhD Metrics

I am thinking about clearing up my office and my computer. This involves sorting though all the pdf files that I have, all the books, and all the work that I did through my phd. This is enough to send me screaming in the lab because, as most of you know, I am not really a tidy person, and when it comes to keeping stuff organized I fail [even more] miserably.

As with any gruesome task, it is best to start with a break and a background assessment of what I have to do. During the last years of my PhD, I have collected:

- 8818 .PDF files
- 1061 .JPG files (on my work computer, I am truly scared to see what a count on my laptop will be)
- 76 .TEX files (some of them are not mine, ok?)
- 9226 .JAVA files
- 27000 lines of code (excluding desperate student emails)
- 6 flight itineraries (god knows what happened to the rest!)
- 1668 MP3 files (looks like i don't listen to a lot of music)
- 1453 electronic books - but i read a lot haha

No comments: