Friday, April 1

Ripping a band-aid

After running my marathon in December last, where I got my best present ever, I had reduced the amount of running. Partly because I defended, partly because I was looking for jobs, but I guess I also needed a break. So I kept my running to a minimum, around max 10-12 km per week.

But recently I have been trying to really up the stakes as i wanna run a marathon in July, and I tried to go up to maybe 5 km per run. Sadly, I have been finding this incredibly difficult. I think it is because I have been running around 6 pm when it's very hot. And also my route contains 4 steep hills. Excuses or reasons, I had been finding it very hard, stopping during the run, asking myself "why" questions ...


So this is why on Monday I ran 10 km. I did stop and it was a bit difficult, but after this my 6km run yesterday went smoothly and without hick-ups. I did not need to stop and I did not feel like stopping. I did not ask myself "why" questions, and also, I have been able to think about and solve other stuff.

I love the feeling I get when the answers to important questions (in this case what shoes to wear for my farewell party) come to me during runs. It's a double epiphany!

No comments: