Thursday, June 2

Thoughts on leaving

I have been alluding to this for a long time now but I guess it is a good time to make an official announcement: on Friday, 3rd of June, I will be leaving Singapore and shifting to Adelaide - yay! aussie pictures coming up!!

Now before I bring out the tissue I want to say that throughout the years I have become VERY, VERY good at leaving. I am capable of leaving my family, dog, mother, grandmother, favorite place in the whole wide universe, turn my back, get on the plane, and not shed a single tear [Other than the violent sobbing in the plane toilet and the occasional roar during movies such as "UP!" and "Kung Fu Panda 2" (yes, when that duck looked into the panda's eyes and said "don't leave, Po!" I was bawling).] While I am so good at leaving, I am not so good at keeping in touch, and thus I have kept very few (2) friends from the olden days.

However, this time is different. Not only am I leaving behind a hoard of friends that have touched me and shaped me in ways I have never thought possible but I am also leaving behind a husband, my two bestest friends (aka the besties, for those big bang theory fans out there), tom yam soup, DURIANS, and last but not least the stuffy and chalky climbing gym. Not only that, but I am going to Adelaide all by myself (issue Celine Dion "All By Myself") to face the world of lecturing alone. And what really scares me is the fact that I have tears in my eyes as I write this, which only means that tomorrow when I will really leave I will be a spectacle of sobs and mucus. Hurray!

So I guess, what I'm trying to say is I'm leaving, but I'm not. Australia is only 8 hours by flight away (hey, compare it to Singapore->Europe!), 2.5 hours time difference ONLY!, there's climbing in the Blue Mountains and New Zealand is fantastic! So if you don't come visit, I will muahhahahahah! (right now I know for sure that I will be back in July and November, yay!)

7 comments:

RME said...

Congratulations! :-) I imagine Australia being an amazing place to live (and teach). All the best! And keep writing.

Anonymous said...

only the durians get the caps? :)

:( said...

Not only am I leaving behind a hoard of friends that have touched me and shaped me in ways I have never thought possible but I am also leaving behind a HUSBAND, (aka the besties, for those big bang theory fans out there), tom yam soup, DURIANS, and last but not least the stuffy and chalky climbing gym.

dor said...

omg wait HTML SCREWED UP I MEANT TO BOLD AND ITALIZE 'husband' and 'besties' OMG FAIL :(((( (in such a way I have to reveal who I am)

claudia said...

@RME thanks!! Take raluca and COME VISIT!!
@dodo: no comment haha but i bold and italize them

Bogdan said...

It's a fitting ocasion to watch "Goodbye, farewell and amen" (last episode of MASH).

Dishwasher Crab said...

Mount Arapiles is a very nice place for climbing.