Tuesday, July 12

One picture Tuesday

I think one of the drawbacks of living alone is well ... feeling alone. Not lonely, mind you, at least not with the advance of interwebs technologies such as twitter, facebook, and, oh, this blog, but alone in the "this silence is killing me kind of way". Alone in the "if it's the weekend, chances are I will speak to nobody" kind of way, or in the "i will speak out loud in the house to kill the silence" kind of way. I found myself speaking out loud last night and asking what shall I have for dinner. That freaked me for a while but I guess you can't have them all - be pretty, smart, skinny, good climber, and SANE - now can you?! Anyway, here's dinner - polenta with bulgarian feta, home-made yoghurt, olives, zacuska, and broccoli. The latter just to save face from all that fat and carbs.

4 comments:

dor said...

zacuska? wazzat?

fresh and green!

skype me skype me whenever you are lonely! (it even rhymes)

RME said...

Living alone teach me the benefit of not living alone. On the bright side: the plate looks delicious! :-)

san said...

From wikipedia..
Zakuska may refer to

* Zakuski (plural of zakuska), Russian-style hors d'oeuvre
* Zacuscă, a spread made from cooked vegetables in Romanian cuisine

hahaha.. ur food looks yummy! u can direct msg me if u wanna..hahaha..not dodo cos she has no notification.or d/l whatsapp and talk to us!ahahha

claudia said...

well dodo, rme explained the zakuska for you ... i will make one soon for ya :) Marian hates it so there's more for us! :)

@rme: As for living alone teaching somebody the benefits of not living alone, you bet! BUT you have a cat!!