Monday, July 25

A rainy Sunday

Sadly, I spend all my saturdays at work. This is because a) I have no personal life (ahem) and b) I spend all my saturdays at work (see reason a) ). Regardless, my Saturdays are at work but my Sundays are free!

However, I got tricked into joining a running club, pretty much the way i got trick into joining tango. So every fucking Sunday morning I have to wake up at 6:50 am such that I am at the running group meeting point by 7:30 am or so. And then we proceed to run about 1 - 1.5 - 2 hours regardless of the climate. I say this because two runs ago it was absolutely POURING and we still ran. Goddamnit.

On this Sunday however, i was determined to go walking in the Adelaide hills to air my head and find mother nature. Also, the Three Falls Grand Hike at Morialta Conservation Park boasted numerous wildlife sightings. And so, after running (14k,1:20), I went, regardless of the weather, thankyouverymuch.

And it POURED. And it got me drenched to the bone. The trek was not strenuous at all, despite the advertised "Steep, 4 hours". It was "Very mild, 1:30 min". I did not see any wildlife, most probably because the wildlife was huddled somewhere wondering why the hell would this brightly colored human (yellow gore-tex jacket, remember?) is out in the bloody* rain! Anyway, pictures of the pretty wet scenery follow.

Steep. pfft.


Olive trees!


First fall - not there because of the fog



Second fall (1)


Second fall (2)


Third fall



And a glimpse of the first fall

*everybody uses "bloody" here, with almost everything :)

No comments: