Thursday, August 25

A Normal Wedding - part 2

In the previous post I had finished off in a lame cliff-hanger, wondering if Marian is going to be able to part with enough money to retrieve me from behind my (very) corpulent aunts. Marian indeed managed to pay enough money for that and we were happily reunited.

After this, all the people attending this part of the wedding settled into a dance. This is where San and Dor started to pin flowers on the guests. This took them a while, but i insisted they not be disturbed to increase their stress levels, haha.(they are in the bottom right corner of the picture)

After that, it was off to some nice places in Caracal to take some photos. Now Caracal has old buildings but very few are renovated, so we went to the theatre. Time to improvise :)

A group picture with chance family and friends - only San and Dor were with me the WHOLE day from dawn till dusk.

And off to church!

This picture is one of my favoritest of the day, because it shows a rare picture of a very focused yet not desperate dodo bird, my father laughing, and our godfather like he always is, musing on some thought or other :)

I will spare you the details of the ceremony, but I do want to say that I was so hungry that I wolfed that biscuit down!

My mom and grandma were getting emotional, and so was I to be honest ...

After that it was all fun and jokes again - with the god parents (I absolutely LOVED my god mother's dress):

And the customary group photo in front of the church where everybody was looking in all directions possible EXCEPT at the camera.


After this it was off to Marian's house where his mother and family had to welcome me in their stead ... will this happen or will i be thrown out?!

3 comments:

Marian said...

another cliffhanger? :)

claudia said...

Yes, because I am THAT good :)))

RME said...

Lovely. I'm looking forward for more happy episodes. :-)