Friday, August 12

On divorce

I don't really remember my parent's divorce but I do remember the resentment i felt towards both of them at different stages for letting me live with only one parent. And I do remember the total resentment I felt towards my father when he would decline for fifteen years to see me. Asshole. And I do blame that divorce for my almost chronic fear of commitment which somehow only marian managed to solve. But other than resentment and fear of commitment, I don't remember much.

Today, two of my friends are breaking up and I really think I am the kid in the divorce settlement again. More importantly, it breaks me to be so bloody far away and not be able to help in any way. One of them is good at expressing grief while the other internalizes everything and broods. Both of them reply my messages but there's really nothing much I can do by text. And really not much they can reply either ... How I wish it were the end of september RIGHT NOW or that airlines would give emergency divorce discounts.

That being said, there's always something to smile about. For example, look at this little guy. With that face and those teeth who would date him?!

No comments: