Friday, September 9

I got attacked ...

As I was doing my mid-week run this Wednesday around the river Torrens (7km in 36mins woo hoo!) I stopped numerous times to photograph Spring.

There was a family of ducks that was basking in the sunlight, so I dropped to my knees and got VERY close to take pictures. The mamma-duck was quite ok with me taking photos. These are some of them:




After I had taken enough pictures, I stood up, turned around walked for a bit and started to run again, away from them. It was then that the mamma-duck decided that I was a threat and swooped over my head, flapped me twice with her wings and her legs. I was in shock and utterly devastated at this sign of unfriendliness, but the next thing I saw calmed me a bit:

After a couple of kms more I saw a family of swans and their swanlings. Needless to say, I did not get as close this time, because I don't think I would have been left standing had the mamma-swan decided I was a threat as well.

1 comment:

dorlin said...

quack