Monday, September 5

URGH!!!!!!!!!!

URGH!!! And shiver me timbers and ohmygodohmygodtakeitoutofhere!! While i do love all god's creatures and i usually avoid killing them, even if they are bugs, last night i was truly tested. THIS was on one of the living room walls!




I pondered, and i thought, and I didn't know what to do, and I thought some more and decided that it was most probably not poisonous. So I told it that if it does not move AT ALL I will leave it where it was.

Apparently spiders (huntsman spider, i found out today) have a really hard time understanding "AT ALL", so the thing moved. I decided that I won't be able to sleep if I know it was there and MOVING, so I decided to remove it and take it outside.

I used this as my tool, although today I found out that you can use a jar (although that jar implies that you have to get within 30cm of the thing urgh).


I opened the door and used a chair to block the screen door open. I shooed it until it got over the door and then with a quick swoosh dropped it to the floor. It started to scurry to get back in, at which point I think i might have killed it because my broom sweep was not so light and a bit desperate. I still shudder when I think about it scurrying back in. Bastard.

I spent the next minute panting from the adrenaline and afterwards inspecting the chair with a flashlight (it was night) to ensure that the thing was not hiding under the chair (seen too many horror movies). Turns out, they're harmless.



5 comments:

san said...

hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahah

dor said...

so that was what that link was for!!!

claudia said...

aaaaargh!!!

Anonymous said...

be careful. there are many venomous spiders in Australia. You should have a wallpaper of them, just in case.
Jensen

Anonymous said...

I hope it isnt there when I'm there.
Js