Wednesday, November 2

It's been six months

Well not really, five months actually, but I have just finished the 6-month PDR - personal development and review? - meeting.

How has it been so far? It has been fantastic, overwhelming, horrific, lonely, sad and exhilarating at the same time. I've made lots of friends in the process and I absolutely love the people I work with. They are smart and funny and knowledgeable about all sorts of stuff in this universe that I have no idea about. Also, they tolerate me, which I think is fantastic*. The students are not all bad and some of them are really quite worth it.

The climbing community is very close knit and caring. There are two other climbing girls as well as plenty of noobs for Marian to be king over for when he finally manages to join me.

My only current stress (other than that caused by yet another break up i hear about) is
a) how to get some good sleep - the worries have kept me up since friday
b) how to ensure i stay here for longer. Adelaide, I heart you!
c) how fantastic the grampians trip this weekend is going to be.





*Considering that I have not worked in a while (6 years?!) it has been a weird shift. I still can't censor myself though.

2 comments:

RME said...

I love the “b)”. :P Also: terrific picture.

claudia said...

Yeah, I love that picture too! This weekend, after struggling for so long, I finally got that crimp! Like 20 times, cause I didn't know what to do with it after that :)